I’ve been working on squares for the “63” afghan and posting the photos of each square. Then yesterday (or the day before) it dawned on me that I wasn’t getting very much joy out of the colors for this afghan. I know I chose them, but they were based on colors I chose years ago when I got the booklet and used the notes I scribbled about it then. I’ve just realized the KonMari has really attached itself to my brain.
So before I get too far into the squares (I’ve only made 7) I’m going to go to a new color scheme. First, they will all be solids only and they will only be three colors as used in the design. The solids will show off the details in the squares better as well. The colors that came to mind were black, red and white. Now I’m thinking gray, red and white. Also, the pattern uses the lighter color as the connecting border in each. With the change to gray, red and white I’m thinking of using black as the border color. I’ll have to get out my colored pencils and play with the colors.
But the yarn I purchased won’t go to waste as I’m going to use it for baby blankets for my Etsy shop!
And since I’m going the 31 Days of Living Well and Spending Zero, I’m going to have to wait on purchasing the yarn. Which could be a very good thing because I might change my mind again. Although I doubt it. I’m kind of obsessed with black, gray, red and white right now.
Okay, that’s it. No more pastel colored squares.